Saturday, August 30, 2008

Social Bookmarking

You can increase traffic to your website using one of Web 2.0 features i.e Social Bookmarking. It allows users of social bookmarking websites to share their links with other members of site and friends.

For example, if i have a blog on search engine optimization, social bookmarking would allow me to display my link for my content on many of social bookmarking sites available.I am giving you the example of one of the most popular social bookmarking sites i.e Digg.

Since i already have a blog on search engine optimization in hand, I would go to Digg.com and register there through sign up link. I would then provide the URL of my blog in the box asked. Digg allows to create a bookmark including the URL I just copied, the title of the blog post which I'm bookmarking, and a brief description of the content of the blog post.

Now let me tell you how this will help me to bring more traffic

It helps you get more traffic in more ways than one. First of all, these social bookmarking sites are highly ranked in Google. So if you have a new website that hasn't been ranked by Google yet, having your link on these high rank social bookmarking sites will help to increase visibility to your site. You can sign up in as many bookmarking sites as possible.

These bookmarking sites are highly traffic websites with lots of members. Members not only add their own bookmarks, but they can also view other user's bookmarks and add those bookmarks to their account if they found it interesting enough. In other words it allows other users of the social bookmarking website to bookmark your content for you. So your link will be displayed in the web allowing people to click on your web link. Social bookmarking is a must use internet marketing technique.

Other examples of bookmarking sites include:

Yahoo! Buzz
Technorati.com
del.icio.us
Propeller.com
StumbleUpon.com
blinklist.com
Furl.net

No comments: